The Siminovitch Prize Foundation has an opportunity for an innovative and resourceful theatre professional experienced in online event programming and production. This freelance role is a creative position that will lead the production of a quarterly series of events bringing theatre makers and theatre lovers together in conversation about important industry issues from across Canada.
- Work with the Executive Director and select board members to further refine the event series concept and themes.
- Research and curate event topics ensuring the series delivers innovative and fresh content and an exciting approach to community engagement.
- Identify, recruit and liaise with potential speakers (known and lesser-known).
- Set and meet deadlines and manage schedules and deliverables.
- Write and edit event scripts.
- Work closely with technical support resources to ensure the delivery of flawless live events.
- Support marketing, social media, and publicity activities to ensure that a large and diverse national audience participates in the digital events.
Skills and Attributes:
- Minimum three years of experience working in a theatre environment
- Knowledge of current issues and trends in Canadian theatre
- A strong and active network of creative contacts
- Intellectual curiosity and a business development mindset
- Technical knowledge of meeting tools such as Zoom
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Capacity to work independently while being an excellent team player
- Bilingualism an asset
The successful candidate will be contracted for 120-150 hours of work to produce three to four events throughout 2021. This work is not limited to regular business hours and can be carried out from any location in Canada. Contract value will be between $4,500-$5,500.
If interested in this opportunity, please supply a cover letter and CV outlining your experience in event and digital event programming and production. Please also identify three topics you would like to see discussed by a panel of informed peers.
Applications can be submitted by email to email@example.com before 5pm ET on January 4th, 2021.